Police told TMZ a member of Hall’s family called asking for a “status check” on the 35-year-old actor, who was reportedly staying in a local hotel. The person who placed the call spotted Hall huffing, or inhaling, something near a hotel dumpster and feared he might have overdosed, a police spokesperson told Page Six.
Officers said when the actor opened the door, they noticed a large number of cans of air duster ― typically used for blasting debris from computer keyboards ― all over the room.
Hall, whose real name is Brandon Bug Hall-Barnett, admitted he had been inhaling from the cans, according to TMZ’s report. He apparently didn’t require medical treatment.
Hall was charged with misdemeanor possession for use to inhale or ingest a volatile chemical, according to Fox News. He was released Sunday from the Parker County Jail after posting a $1,500 surety bond.
Air duster huffing can cause life-threatening injury, including rapid airway compromise, according to a 2015 peer-reviewed study documenting one man’s recovery from what appeared to be a combination of frostbite and rapid swelling called angioedema.
Calling all HuffPost superfans!
Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost’s next chapter